Khan Yunis of the Gaza Strip (AP) — At least 25 people killed in Israeli strikes and shootings on Saturday were among at least 25 people killed as the world faced exceptional announcements, according to a local hospital. Hungry is now holding The largest city in Gaza.
The world’s leading hunger resolve Authority on the Food Crisis Zinc-plated government and aid groups to strengthen Israel’s petition to stop 22 months Gaza Attackurged by Hamas October 7, 2023, Attack. Aid groups have warned for months that war and restrictions on Israeli food to Gaza have caused starvation among civilians.
Israel has accused the declaration of hunger as a lie, and the military is moving forward with preparations to seize Gaza city. As mediators await Israel’s next step, efforts to ceasefire are pending to prevent the attack.
Gaza hospitals accept new deaths and injuries
The Israeli strike killed at least 14 people in the South Gaza Strip early on Saturday, according to Morgue records and health officials. Officials said the strike targeted tents protecting displaced people in Khan Yunis. Over half of the deaths were women and children.
Awad Abu Agala, the uncle of two deceased children, said the Gaza location was not safe.
“The whole Gaza Strip is being bombed… the South. North. Everywhere,” Abuagara told The Associated Press, telling the children that they were targeted overnight while they were in their tents.
His grieving relative, Hekumato Houho, called for a ceasefire.
“We want to rest,” Huuho said, fighting in tears. “Have mercy on us.”
In northern Gaza, an Israeli shootout killed at least five aiders on Saturday near Jikim, crossing Israel. There, convoys from the UN and other agencies entered the enclave, and health officials at Sheikh Radwan Outdoor Hospital told the Associated Press.
Six people were killed in other attacks on Gaza elsewhere on Saturday, according to the hospital and the Palestinian Red Crescent.
The Israeli army did not immediately answer questions about death.
Hungry announcement raises pressure
The integrated food security stage, or report by the IPC, will be reported on Friday in Gaza City. Grabbed by hunger That could be widespread if the fight for humanitarian aid and restrictions continue.
It was a very rare declaration by the first group in the Middle East, relaxing new US-backed private aid supplier, The The The The The Access, after Israel came after imposing a 2 1/2 month lockdown on Gaza earlier this year. Gaza Humanitarian Foundationor ghf.
In response to global rage at the image of weakened children, Israel has allowed the influx of new aid from the land and land in recent weeks, but the UN and other aid agencies say there is still not enough food to reach Gaza.
Associated journalists are seeing chaos and security issues on the roads leading to the delivery of aid, and there have been reports that Israeli forces have fired at aiders. Israeli troops say they will fire warning shots if an individual approaches the army or poses a threat to a soldier.
The IPC said nearly half a million people in Gaza, about a quarter of the population, are facing catastrophic hunger, where many people are at risk of dying. Hunger was magnified by widespread displacement and collapse of food production.
Netanyahu’s office has accused the IPC report of “a complete lie” and accused Hamas of starving hostages. He said Israel allowed sufficient aid during the war.
Activities are escalating ahead of Gaza city’s attacks
There are ground forces already active in strategic areas, Wide scale operation in Gaza city You can start within a few days.
Doctors from a borderless aid group, or MSF, said Saturday it has seen more patients as clinics around Gaza escaped from recent bombings. “The strike forces people, including MSF staff, to escape from their homes again, and we are seeing evacuation throughout Gaza city.”
Israeli military states that the troops are operating in the outskirts of Gaza and in the city’s Zeitoun district.
Israel says Gaza city is still a Hamas hub with a network of extremist tunnels. The city is home to hundreds of thousands of civilians, some of whom have fled elsewhere.
The ceasefire effort awaits Israel’s response
Many Israelis fear that the attack on Gaza city will destined for around 20 hostages captured since 2023.
Netanyahu on Thursday instructed officials to begin immediate negotiations to release the hostages; End the war with Israeli conditions. It is unclear whether Israel will return to long-term talks mediated by the US, Egypt and Qatar after Hamas said earlier this week. I accepted a new proposal From an Arab intermediary.
Hamas said he would release prisoners of war in exchange for ending the war, but refused to disarmament without the creation of a Palestinian state.
US President Donald Trump has expressed his dissatisfaction with Hamas’ stance, suggesting that extremist groups are less interested in making deals with living people to free hostages.
“It has to end. It’s a terrifying tor and it has to end,” Trump told reporters Friday. “If you come in and you went really fast and did it, I think it’s actually safer in many ways.”
___
Magiddy reported from Cairo. Sam Mednick of Jerusalem and Michelle Price of Washington contributed.