Deir Al-Balah, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli forces killed four seekers moving on Sunday. Gaza city – Areas that are regularly used by Palestinians trying to reach a food distribution point, according to hospitals and witnesses.
Death adds to an increase in the number of Palestinian casualties killed while searching for food. Gaza Strip I’m gonna rush in famine And Israeli military is stepping up its activities in northern Gaza ahead of a planned attack to seize the largest city.
Al Auda Hospital and two witnesses told The Associated Press that four Palestinians were killed when troops fired on a crowd heading to a site run by the Israeli-backed American Humanitarian Foundation (GHF) in the Netsarim Corridor area. It happened several hundred meters (yards) away from the site.
“The shooting was indiscriminate,” Mohamed Abed, the father of two at the Breage refugee camp, added that while many people fell to the ground after being shot and killed, many fell to the ground.
Another aid investigator among the crowd, Sayyad, said on Abed that the troops fired as a group near the front of the crowd advanced towards the distribution site before the scheduled opening.
Sayyad said he and the others helped two people injured in gunshots.
The Israeli military and the GHF did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Malnutrition-related death
The four deaths are the latest in the area where people were shot dead as UN convoys were overwhelmed by looters and desperate crowds and people were shot dead as they headed to a GHF-run site.
More than 2,000 Palestinians have been killed and more than 13,500 injured while seeking assistance along aid or convoy route used by the United Nations and other aid groups, according to the Gaza Ministry of Health.
The ministry said on Saturday that at least 62,622 Palestinians had been killed in the war.
He said the number of deaths related to malnutrition increased from 8 to 281. The deaths include children, bringing the death toll to 115 since the start of the war between Israel and Hamas in 2023.
The Ministry of Health does not say how many of the people killed were fighter jets or civilians, but about half were women and children. It is part of the Hamas-run government and is staffed with medical professionals. The United Nations and independent experts consider it the most reliable source of information on victims of war. Israel disputes the figures, but does not provide its own.
Integrated food security stages – the world’s leading authority on food crisis – said Friday That hunger is happening Gaza city is home to hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and could spread south by the end of next month.
Israel has denied that there is hunger in Gaza and is calling for a report of the “lie” of starvation promoted by Hamas.
“Non-stop explosion”
In Jabaraya, residents said they had endured a violent explosion overnight at Jabaraya, a densely populated refugee camp just north of Gaza city. A few days after Israeli forces announced they would be strengthening their activities in the region and mobilizing tens of thousands of reservists to take the city, they said they were living in constant fear.
In parts of Gaza city where he and his family have been evacuated since they were kicked out of the city’s southernmost neighbourhood, Osama Matter said he saw the house being reduced to tiled rubs and the neighborhood was destroyed beyond recognition.
“They want that, like Rafa,” he said. It was destroyed early in the war, referring to a town in southern Gaza. “There have been nonstop explosions and strikes over the past few days.”
While fleeing west from Jabaliya, school teacher Salim Dhaher said he saw a robot with weapons that planted explosives as the force advanced from the opposite direction. When they set the stage for Israel’s push to seize the city, Daar said he feared it was part of a greater effort to force the Palestinians out of the North.
The purpose is clear, he said: “Destroy everything on the earth and force it to be relocated.”
Prior to Israel’s invasion of Gaza city, there were few indications that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, whom Israel still claims were refuge in the south, echoing the south. Many are tired of repeated displacements and are not convinced that any area, including the so-called human belt, provides safety.
Military operations could begin within days in areas that threaten the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians. Hundreds of thousands of civilians have been evacuated over areas where Israel has invaded many times, but they still believe there is a network of underground extremists Taninel.
Hamas-led extremists lured 251 people, killing about 1,200, mostly civilians on October 7, 2023. attack It caused war. Most of the hostages have been released in ceasefires and other transactions, but 50 remained within Gaza, of which around 20 believed Israel was alive.
___
Magdy and Metz reported from Cairo and Jerusalem.
___
Follow the AP war report https://apnews.com/hub/israel-hamas-war