Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Manchester City has a “consensus” with PSG star Gianluigi Donnarumma, but this transfer depends on one condition.
Man City has been very active in the transfer market this summer and January. The club chief has approved a major team overhaul after falling below performance in the disappointing trophyless 2024/25 campaign.
This summer, Man City was fifth in the ranking of Europe’s biggest spenders this summer, investing around £150 million in the additional.
One of Man City’s priorities was to fix the goalkeeping division after Edason and Stephen Ortega were correctly criticised for their poor performance last season.
Earlier this summer, Man City defeated Newcastle United in the race and re-signed James Trafford.
Read: Guardiola assisted “Man City” to leave “Man City” before the end of the season in the new Arsenal “Weak Link”
But Trafford’s position is already questionable as Man City is working on a deal to sign PSG star Donnaruma.
The 26-year-old is one of the best strikers in the world, but he appeared in the final year of his contract and he became available for transfers as PSG signed Lucas Chevalier to replace him.
The situation at Donnarumma offers an attractive opportunity for Premier League clubs to secure world-class goalkeepers at cut-price fees, and Man City now considers him his most likely next destination.
On Sunday morning, Romano revealed that goalkeeper and Man City have a “consensus” in personal terms, but the deal is said to depend on one important term.
More Man City coverage of F365…
👉 James Trafford’s mistake failed by the inevitable Man City in the inheritance of Edason
games Why James Trafford avoided the red card in Man City defeat to Tottenham
👉Rodrigo turns either “indivisible” Liverpool, Man City or Arsenal into Premier League favorites
Romano states in X:
“There are also negotiations going on between Man City and PSG, with the fee being based on the initial EUR 50 million demand.
“The deal still depends on Ederson’s exit this summer, and Galatasaray is still enthusiastic.”
Trafford took the goalkeeper to take responsibility for the second goal as Man City was beaten 2-0 by the Spurs on Saturday, with the goalkeeper giving up ownership in the penalty area.
After the match, Man City boss Pep Guardiola defended his decision to start Trafford before Ederson.
He states: “When you make a decision in the first part of the season – about every player you play one or two (games) – everyone thinks, “OK, this is the starting lineup.” I decided on that today. ”
He added:
“We created opportunities and created enough. That happened, it’s football. It’s the second game. The last game and the wolves said everyone was all okay, but I said, ‘It’s the first game.’ It’s the same now.
“We have to improve. We’ll be step-by-step until we click on it and have a good connection. Now, we’ve got seven days of rest and it’s Brighton.”