The report says Liverpool’s transfer goal has “decided to stay” in Lyon this summer, despite Nottingham Forest seeing accepted bids in front of the window.
The Reds spent more than any other club this summer, snatching around £300 million in signing eight first teams, including Florian Whartz, in a club-record £100 million deal.
They are interested in signing Newcastle United striker Alexander Isaac, despite adding a £69 million Hugo Ekitique earlier this summer.
Arne Slot’s side failed with a £110 million opening offer to the Swedes. The Swedes have trained on their own after informing them of his desire to leave in the magpie hierarchy.
Premier League Champions Liverpool has yet to make its second official offer to the £150 million striker.
MediaWatch: The worst idea ever? Newcastle urged Isaac to “in contact with Liverpool”
Isaac is pushing hard to get to Anfield, but Newcastle is equally determined to keep him.
It was reported Monday that co-owner Jamie Reuben, who attended when Liverpool won 3-2 hours after St. James Park, met with ISAK, who appears to have failed.
Luke Edwards of the Daily Telegraph reported that Isaac’s “desire” remains unchanged in Liverpool’s interests.
Sacha Tavolieri said another attacker’s target is definitely approaching, but it is unclear whether Reds will place another bid on ISAK.
A Belgian journalist says that Marik Faufana, who has been linked to the journey to Anfield over the summer, has “decided to stay in Lyon.”
It is argued that Winger’s “ambition” was “not truly matched” and that he will wait until January to “find the best project.”
Tavolieri writes to X:
“The Belgians couldn’t find a club that really matches his ambitions this summer and didn’t like to wait for the next transfer window to find the best project.”
Fofana has linked to several Premier League clubs this summer, and Nottingham Forest accepted an offer from Lyon in July.
In fact, Fabrizio Romano reported that the transaction was “according,” but in my personal terminology it was not.
Forest quickly changed direction and signed Bologna and Swiss forward Dan Nudoe for around £35 million.
Meanwhile, Liverpool is considering signing another centre-back after adding the Italian wonder Giovanni Leoni, but the situation at ISAK remains very uncertain.
Isak finally released a statement after staying silent throughout the summer.
“I stayed quiet for a long time while others were talking.
“That silence allowed people to push their own version of the event.
“The reality is that promises have been made and the club has known my position for a long time. Now it’s misleading to act like these issues are emerging.
“When a promise is broken and trust is lost, the relationship cannot last. That’s what it is for me for now. And why change is in the best interests of everyone, not just myself.”
Read next: Mohamed Sarah’s crazy stats: Eddie Howe’s victim of new record when Liverpool beat Newcastle