Liverpool is reportedly preparing a British record offer for Newcastle United striker Alexander Isaac.
The only bid for Premier League champion Swedish International was worth £110 million and was immediately rejected by a magpie.
Isaac is pushing his dream move for Anfield harder before Monday’s transfer deadline, but Newcastle is trying to convince him to stay.
The 25-year-old claims the club is denial that the magpie hierarchy has broken his promise.
Isak wrote on Instagram last week:
“That silence allowed people to push their own version of the event.
MediaWatch: The worst idea ever? Newcastle urged Isaac to “in contact with Liverpool”
“The reality is that promises have been made and the club has known my position for a long time. Now it’s misleading to act like these issues are emerging.
“When a promise is broken and trust is lost, the relationship cannot last. That’s what it is for me for now. And why change is in the best interests of everyone, not just myself.”
Newcastle said it had “no commitment has been made by club officials that Alex can leave Newcastle United this summer,” claiming that “there is no commitment made by club officials.”
Liverpool details for F365
👉 Liverpool’s target decides to stay with the club despite the “agreed deal.”
Mohamed Salah’s crazy stats: Eddie Howe’s victims of new record when Liverpool beat Newcastle
👉 Top 10 Premier League upgrades for the summer: Liverpool Striker Swap, Mbeumo, Kuña…
Magpies co-owner Jamie Reuben reportedly met with ISAK on Monday to hold a new talk, but the players were unable to return to St. James Park after repeating their desire to leave.
The nature of Newcastle’s rebuttal left Liverpool postponing the second offer. But bootroom journalist Graeme Bailey reports that an improved offer is imminent.
After Isaac’s speech with Reuben, Newcastle “anticipates a bid” amid serious doubts about whether he will play for the club again, the report alleges.
Bailey says Liverpool’s “new offers” are expected to “better than £130 million” and “may approach £140 million in total.”
The Reds have refused to pay £150 million. This is considered to be the asking price for Newcastle.
As for the ISAK replacement, the Wolves want Jorgen Strand Larsen for £700 million, adding that Jordies has put the bid on the table for £50 million.
Currently, the two “priority options” are Strandlersen and Brentford’s Joan Wissa, with EddieHou eager to sign the two strikers.
ISAK scored 54 goals in 86 Premier League appearances. In comparison, Strand Larsen won 14 last season, while Wissa has 45 games with 137 games.
Read next: Ranking of forwarding rumors: 3 UTD deals close as Arsenal strike Hincapie terms “contract”