The ongoing She Said, He Said of Blake Lively‘s sexual harassment and retaliation lawsuit against It Ends With Us co-star Justin Baldoni today had a sideshow of She Said, She’s Lying with Megyn Kelly declaring that she successfully fought off being “targeted” with a subpoena from the Another Simple Favor actress.
“Yes, she actually tried to get the confidential and proprietary materials my team and I used for any and all stories about her, because Blake Lively was unable to fathom that yours truly had developed a genuine revulsion toward her on my own,” Kelly revealed today.
However, with what certainly seems like some very distinct blonde hair splitting, Lively’s side insists Kelly doth protest too much. “At no point in this litigation has Ms. Lively served a subpoena on Megyn Kelly,” a spokesperson for the Gossip Girl alum told Deadline today.
The apparently straightforward reply (we’ll get to that) cames after Kelly let loose on “nitwit” Lively for over 14 minutes this morning on her popular Sirius XM podcast.
Punctuated by calling Lively “a sad, pathetic, untalented, narcissistic bully,” Kelly’s monologue included tops on how freedom of the press works, and laughing off accusations that her critical take on Lively is because she’s on the payroll for Baldoni. Lambasting Lively for going after the likes of Perez Hilton (who actually had a good day in court today) and other things, in one of the more understated moments, Kelly called “Queen Blake” simply a “terrible person” – – as you can see in the full segment here:
Preemptively referring to the client-attorney elephant on the podcast, Kelly also spoke today of her lucrative (a $25 million or so contract payout from NBC in 2019) professional relationship with attorney Bryan Freedman. She stated that despite what Blake Lively’s side may assumed, the media savvy Freedman, a frequent guest on Kelly’s show and now Justin Baldoni’s lead lawyer, is not “controlling our coverage.”
“This is yet another entitled, nasty, elitist, Hollywood snob who thinks she’s untouchable to the point where not, not unlike Meghan and Harry, who have made a career themselves out of suing members of the press who write disparaging things about them, she believes that anyone who does not worship her must be on the payroll of her enemies,” Kelly later extrapolated with a swipe or two at Ryan Reynolds also — as you can see here:
While one-time attorney Kelly sought to eviscerate Lively and spent quite a bit of time rehashing the case, the actress’ people did the branding equivalent of a shrug. They affirmed this is just how the process works — a.k.a.: Lively has a right to pursue her case as it heads to trial in federal court in New York on March 9, 2026
“Ms. Lively is continuing to pursue discovery in order to prove her case that Justin Baldoni, Jed Wallace, Melissa Nathan and the Wayfarer Parties’ retaliated against her for speaking up against the harassment she and others experienced on set, as alleged in her complaint,” Lively’s team added of Kelly’s claims with a name check of the Jane the Virgin vet, once self-described “human crisis” navigator Wallace that Lively says was instrumental in the online smearing of her last year, seasoned Crisis PR captain Nathan and Baldoni’s exec crew. “Seeking evidence through discovery is a normal part of the litigation process and is in addition to overwhelming amount of evidence already compiled in the form of Melissa Nathan’s own text messages, the recently exposed Katie Case email describing Jed Wallace’s services, as well as the invoices showing he was paid for those services, and Baldoni’s own requests on what he wants his team to do.”
Now, here’s where it all gets a little bit less binary, and where both Kelly and Lively have the truth on their sides.
From what I hear, Lively’s team have truly did not subpoena Kelly and The Megyn Kelly Show directly.
Yet, back in June, they did subpoena Red Seat Ventures, who have provided sales support, production, distribution, and marketing branding and sales services for content creators like Kelly and fellow ex-Foxer Tucker Carlson. Turning into a quagmire, and with other Baldoni-leaning content creators and influencers publicly pushing back against their own subpoenas, that legal fishing expedition of sorts was cut short not long after by Lively’s Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Willkie Farr & Gallagher lawyers.
In one of those circle of life and media moves, Kelly’s former employers at Fox Corp purchased RSV in February
Having said that, Lively, who had been at the receiving end of the former Fox News host’s shiv to the ribs podcast more than a few times since first filing her claims against Wayfarer Studios co-founder Baldoni with the California Civil Rights department last December, has been scoring up some big legal wins of late.
In June, Baldoni’s $400 million countersuit was tossed out. Earlier this month, Judge Lewis Liman agreed with Lively’s lawyers to shut down attempts by Baldoni’s lawyer to make parts of her July deposition public. Now, Lively’s side are once again seeking sanctions against Freedman for “publicly slandering” their client. This comes as Baldoni, his billionaire Wayfarer backer Steve Sarowitz and others are suing insurance companies to pay what must by now be sprawling legal fees, as other insurance companies sue the IEWU filmmakers over what their policies do and do not cover.
Neither reps for Kelly nor Freedman himself responded to Deadline’s request for comment on today’s drama. If they do, this post will be updated.
(L-R) Blake Lively & Justin Baldoni in It Ends with Us (Credit: Sony)
Sony