Newcastle United told representatives of Liverpool and Alexander Isaac that the deal continues after securing Nick Urtemade’s deal, according to reports.
It looked like a long shot of the Reds signing ISAK early in the summer after Newcastle took a strong stance on sales following their Champions League qualification.
Magpies rarely need to sell Swedish International, and it was the first time that Liverpool has stepped up their efforts to sign a striker since Isaac began calling for a move.
Liverpool filed a £110 million bid over the summer, which was quickly rejected by Newcastle, and the Reds took a step back and waited for more encouragement to pursue the deal.
In the meantime, Isaac has been on strike to force a move from St. James Park, suggesting he has vowed not to play for Newcastle again as he appears to move to Liverpool.
In a statement earlier this month, Isak called out Newcastle, claiming that “the relationship cannot last when the promise is broken and trust is lost.”
Read: Ranking of Forward Rumors: Woltemade on Newcastle and another crazy Bundesliga striker offer
The Magpie fought back with its own powerful statement, but one report on Thursday claimed that Liverpool is “confident” in getting a deal “confident” in Isaac’s deal before the deadline.
But now, journalist Sacha Tabolieri has revealed that Liverpool is lining up a bid of £130 million after Newcastle told them they had an ISAK deal on the line.
Tavolieri writes to X:
‘NUFC, with Eddie Howe’s approval, has informed both the Isak camp and the Reds boards that it could reach a deal as a replacement, Nick Woltemade, has been secured. #LFC. ‘
More Liverpool coverage of F365…
👉 Big Weekend: Liverpool v Arsenal, Reuben Amorim, Newcastle Striker, Rangers v Celtic
Man UTD weakens its relegation rival, so Liverpool’s downgrade is signed for £30 million
👉After reading between Ornstein’s Ultemaid line, Alexander Isaac to Liverpool is on
Harvey Elliott is one of the players who can still leave Anfield this summer, but transfer journalist Ben Jacobs has made it clear that he will only go if Isak comes in.
Jacobs wrote to X: “Liverpool will rarely sanction Harvey Elliott’s sales unless Alexander Isaac participates. Marcel Schaefer of Leipzig is currently in contact with #LFC, but Jurgen Klopp is not involved in the consultation.
“There are no bids as of Friday morning, but that could change as Xavi Simons are set up to join Spurs. Understanding Tyler Diving (£40 million), Mateus Fernandez (£38 million), Jacobramsey (£40 million+), O’Mari Hutchinson (£37.5m), and Mariktillman (£40 million), are all considered yardsticks for valuation.
“Liverpool is hesitant to sanction Elliot’s exit unless new attackers arrive or Leipzig spends a large portion of the Simons fee of £50 million. Elliot’s versatility means that if he stays he will remain rated as a team player.