Liverpool is being supported to sign Alexander Isaac “early faster than later”, but Newcastle United have two “transfer decisions.”
Isaac still intends to move from Newcastle to Liverpool, and the long-term saga results are expected to leave the match between the two sides on Monday out of the way.
Liverpool is still keen to sign ISAK, suggesting that Newcastle will return with improved offers if it lands a replacement after the add-on is rejected earlier this summer after a bid worth around £110 million.
Newcastle, meanwhile, is persisting in the position that ISAK will stay if their valuations are not met, and the report suggests they want up to £150 million for their valuable assets.
Naturally, this spats his dummy and does not please Isaac, who had trained alone to force this window to travel from Newcastle.
Although Liverpool Echo’s Ian Doyle reveals insight into the ongoing story, whether or not he gets his hopes as a specific update on his situation will not get his wish as a specific update on his situation.
Read: Arsenal Close in Liverpool, the 10 biggest spenders in the world in the summer of 2025
Doyle suspects Isak will join Liverpool “early earlier than later” due to “naked doubts” about their attitude towards the new forward.
“Every club has a contingency plan, but there is a suspicion that Liverpool is not settled down by anyone else because they intend to sign Alexander Isaac,” Doyle told Liverpool Echo.
“It will become more clear in the next nine days whether that’s a sensible move or not. Interestingly, if ISAK does not arrive this summer, it could be similar to Virgil Vandic’s situation.
“After Vandik’s expected move before the 2017/18 season was blocked by Southampton, there was a relentless call for Liverpool to sign another centre-back. The club resisted and we are confident that within six months the Netherlands International was on the scene.
“It looks like Isaac will come to Anfield earlier than he’s late, and there have certainly been signs of Newcastle’s recent resolve. Could the £130 million deal sort it? That’s not a shock.”
More Alexander Isaac reporting on the F365…
After the Alexander Isak U-turn, Osula’ can leave Newcastle – “Are willing to be practical”
👉Isaac can leave Newcastle to Liverpool after a “serious violation” as a football lawyer details “two arguments”
👉Alexander Isaac urged him to force “drill the ball away” and “advertise***”
Doyle added: “Liverpool definitely lacks attacks, but the current alternatives aren’t that appealing. Real Madrid’s Rodrigo’s story appears to be agent-driven, and his reported financial package doesn’t make much sense for the Reds.
“Julian Alvarez of Atletico Madrid is another name, but the proposal is that he left Manchester City because he was unable to settle in the UK and the Northwest.
“If ISAK does not move to Liverpool before the September 1 deadline, the Reds may try again in the new year and continue the first half of the season with current offensive options. Don’t be surprised if there’s no Plan B.”
Isaac’s situation adds to the miserable window for Newcastle, who missed James Trafford, Benjamin Sesco, Brian Mbemo, Masch Cunha, Joa Pedro and Liam Dellup.
So it’s not surprising that football insider Pete O’Rourke reports that the “transfer decision” at Anthony Gordon and Brunogimarae is “not considering bidding” for each player.
O’Rourke said: “I don’t think it will affect other transfers.
“Bruno Guimarès appears to be totally committed to Newcastle in that social media post – I don’t think Newcastle even thinks to let go of Anthony Gordon.
“Players seem happy with Newcastle too, and without Alexander Isaac, they’re leading the line.”