LAMALAH, West Bank (AP) — Israeli and American officials will meet in Washington on Wednesday to discuss the aftermath of the war in Gaza.
Their meeting comes as the ceasefire talks show almost obvious movements and mounts of rage, so their meeting comes Deadly Israel attacks in hospital in southern Gaza Twenty people have been killed, including journalists and emergency responders.
Israeli forces said they would investigate the hospital’s attacks. The initial findings on Tuesday did not immediately explain the two blows, nor did they provide evidence of claims that six deaths were extremists.
US envoy Steve Witcoff told Fox News on Tuesday that President Donald Trump will chair the conference. He did not provide details.
Talks about the future of the strip are unfolding as aid groups warn that an expanded Israeli attack could exacerbate the humanitarian crisis on the besieged territory.
The meeting will come nine days after Hamas said I accepted that The ceasefire plan from Arab mediators follows Israel’s announcement of plans to seize Gaza’s biggest city, with several health and infrastructure services online and hundreds of thousands of people displaced.
Qatar officials, one of the countries that mediate consultations; I said last week The proposal under discussion was “almost identical” to the previous draft, presented by Witkov and accepted by Israel. Hamas and Israel have previously announced their acceptance of the Tlaks under discussion. But many have fallen apart, and both sides are denounced for other immediate changes.
The deals that are said to be debated include a 60-day ceasefire. The hostage held by Hamas In return for a roadmap to talks about hundreds of Palestinian prisoners, a surge in humanitarian assistance to Gaza and a lasting ceasefire.
Many of the alliances of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are opposed to such a gradual transaction. Israel has moved forward with plans to mobilize tens of thousands of reserves to expand the attack.
On Wednesday, the hospital reported at least 10 casualties. This includes those that include evacuation camps in central Gaza and in southern Gaza.
The Israeli strike killed three people, including a child and a woman, and injured 21 people on Wednesday when they crashed into a tent of Khan Eunice people overnight, Kuwait Specialist Field Hospital said. Nasser Hospital on Wednesday said three separate Israeli strikes killed at least six people in Khan Younis.
Israeli troops did not immediately answer questions about the strike. The military attack killed more than 62,819 Palestinians, according to Gaza’s health ministry. This says that it wasn’t how many fighter jets and civilians were, but about half were women and children.
The ministry is part of the Hamas-run government and is staffed by medical professionals. The United Nations and independent experts consider it the most reliable source of information on victims of war. Israel disputes the figures, but does not provide its own.
Hamas-led militants lured 251 people and on October 7, 2023 killed about 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and launched a war-raising attack. Most of the hostages have been released in ceasefires and other transactions, but 50 remained within Gaza, of which around 20 believed Israel was alive.
Protests have swelled in Israel, with hostage families and their supporters urging a ceasefire. The government argues that it is the best way to bring Hamas’ ability to reinitiate such attacks home.
__
Abou Aljoud was reported from Beirut, Lebanon. Melanie Ridman of Tel Aviv, Israel, contributed to this report.
___
Follow the AP war report https://apnews.com/hub/israel-hamas-war